Crystal Caverns, 1983 Hayden Software for the IBM PC

Games written in Inform, Glulx, TADS, CAT, HUGO and similar. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

billy7720

Crystal Caverns, 1983 Hayden Software for the IBM PC

#1 Post by billy7720 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Crystal Caverns, 1983 by Hayden Software / Dan Kitchen is currently in the works for ADRIFT. A TON of work has gone into this and I hope to have this game done in a few months (I hope!)
Unfortunately, this game was never released for the IBM PC....until now (soon!)

I am using Apple // Win and playing the game while writing down all the information from it. This game may have been miniscule or small by today's standards but was quite an interesting Apple // adventure nonetheless.

I am currently also open to other game conversions from the APPLE // SYTEMS ONLY. If you know of a good text adventure game (no graphics) give me a post below. BUT - make sure you have a map and the solution for the game. With these I can easily port an older game to the IBM PC.

I have just started to learn ADRIFT and am understanding the program quite well. ADRIFT is an adventure creator made for the IBM PC and can handle a TON of information.

FYI: Crystal Caverns is only about 110 rooms or so, so the game won't be that tough to remake and will be faster to finish compared to other games in this genre.

In my opinion, all these older games need to be converted for historical reasons. Many other systems are getting this overhaul and I hope to save as many Apple // to IBM PC games as possible.

Hope to hear from someone interested in this as much as I am.

Keep questing!!!!

billy7720

This release is a dedication to the founding father of Activision in it's Atari 2600 days; Dan Kitchen. When the game is finished, it will be uploaded to the ADRIFT website. :)

billy7720

Re: Crystal Caverns, 1983 Hayden Software for the IBM PC

#2 Post by billy7720 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:02 am

Currently, 80 rooms out of 140 are finished. I am currently in the process of purchasing ADRIFT and will finish this game for the IBM PC. I hope folks will enjoy it as much as I've had remaking it!

Gunness, I recently ran across the "title screen" for Crystal Caverns. I have it if you would like it. I can also make screen captures of the game, but there isn't much to really see. Let me know!

billy 7720

themann99

Re: Crystal Caverns, 1983 Hayden Software for the IBM PC

#3 Post by themann99 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:51 am

I loved playing this game, but I never beat it. I'd love to take another crack at it. Know where I can get a copy?