Theatre -- Where the hell is the goddamn camera?

Games written in Inform, Glulx, TADS, CAT, HUGO and similar. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Erasputin

Theatre -- Where the hell is the goddamn camera?

#1 Post by Erasputin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi there, I've been playing Theatre, by Brendon Wyber and Graham Nelson, and it's been great. Stunning. Now I'm stuck. I have a shadowy thing in the orchestra pit, and a walkthrough that tells me I need a camera to get past it...

... but I don't have one, and the walkthrough isn't clear on where I can get one. I've searched every area I can, and I'm about to again, but I can't find it.

Please help?

terri

#2 Post by terri » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:04 am

So, tell us where the game can be found, and on what system it is played, and someone may join in.

Gunness
Site Admin

#3 Post by Gunness » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:34 am

I think all games in this section (give or take a few) are for Inform or TADS. Theatre is for Inform and can be picked up in lots of places. For instance the IFDB.

terri

#4 Post by terri » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:45 am

OK. I am finally playing. I'll keep you posted.

terri

#5 Post by terri » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 pm

The camera is in the room north of the staircase landing.

To get there, examine the room descriptions. The door seems life-like, so OPEN it.

That is about the only error in the walkthrough, which considering the length of the game, is, I suppose, since you need the camera that is there, it's more than a minor thing.

When you meet the creature, the walkthrough says to give things to "trent". But you really don't know that that it is Trent. So use "creature".

I would have liked more descriptions, explanations, etc. but just for the ambience.

It's also best to read the pages as you find them; it helps to "fill in the blanks" as you go along.

Wonderful game, to tell the truth. Well written. Evocative, sinister, though I, for one, would never have been unable to finish the game without a walkthrough. Just going through it is interesting.

Thanks for posting where you are stuck, and sorry for the long delay in responding.

This is one game that

Erasputin

#6 Post by Erasputin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:45 pm

Cheers. I've finished it now, I managed to find the Camera on my own. I've re-read the walkthrough and I honestly think that the writer forgot to mention where to get the Camera. Glad you enjoyed it.