Colossal Cave entries

Games written in Inform, Glulx, TADS, CAT, HUGO and similar. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Denk

Colossal Cave entries

#1 Post by Denk » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:35 pm

Hi,
I have noticed that the database contains entries for individual versions of Colossal Cave a.k.a. Adventure by Crowther and Woods. Most are commercial, but there are also a Basic version (Jim Gerrie), An Alan version, and a Quill version (Paul McGuire).

I think the most important conversions should be in the database, but I am not sure if each conversion should have its own entry. According to the three versions above, it seems they should, but I just want to make sure that this topic hasn't been discussed before, as I don't want to flood CASA with entries that are not wanted.

I don't want to enter all the many non-commercial versions that can be found e.g. here (more than 50): https://www.prismnet.com/~ged/www/advelist.html

I only plan to add those I am interested in. If other CASA users also only add those they are interested in, I don't think there will be too many.

Those I would like to add are:
TADS version by David M. Baggett (1993)
Inform version by Graham Nelson (1994)
ZIL version by Jesse McGrew (2015)

I am especially fond of the ZIL version as it has a strong parser and as its file size is smaller than e.g. Tristam Island and can therefore be converted to lots of platforms. I've tried it on a real C64 using Ozmoo where it runs quite fast. If these versions are not in the database, players may not be aware that they exist.

Keetie

Re: Colossal Cave entries

#2 Post by Keetie » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:24 pm

Hello,

On my site I have a Colossal Cave game written in SAM76, this language is included in the download.