games related to The Dwarf of Direwood Forest

Games written in Inform, Glulx, TADS, CAT, HUGO and similar. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Denk

games related to The Dwarf of Direwood Forest

#1 Post by Denk » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:22 pm

I saw that Larry Horsfield's upcoming game "The Dwarf of Direwood Forest" has been added to CASA, which is good but I think "Related" games may require some adjustment.

The series where the player controls Alaric Blackmoon is called "The Adventures of Alaric Blackmoon". So far there are eight episodes.

The series of games set in that world but where the protagonist is someone else than Alaric, is called "Adventures in the World of Alaric Blackmoon". I am aware that this is something new, but it kind of makes sense. On Larry's homepage ( https://www.larrysadrifttextadventures.co.uk/ ), the game "Run, Bronwynn, Run!" is episode 1 and the upcoming game "The Dwarf of Direwood Forest" is episode 2.

So "The Dwarf of Direwood Forest" and "Run, Bronwynn, Run!" are related as they are part of the same series (two episodes so far). So perhaps these two should not be registered as related to the Alaric Blackmoon games.

However, you can argue that they are related to the Alaric Blackmoon games as well. If so, both "The Dwarf of Direwood Forest" and "Run, Bronwynn, Run!" are related to the Alaric Blackmoon games. Story-wise, "The Dwarf of Direwood Forest" happens before "The Axe of Kolt" and "Run, Bronwynn, Run!" happens between episode 5 and 6.

Strident

Re: games related to The Dwarf of Direwood Forest

#2 Post by Strident » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:11 pm

Being very familiar with Larry's work, having payed them all the Axe of Kolt and the Starship Quest series back in the day, I'd actually presumed that Run, Bronwynn, Run! was already in the site's "World of Alaric Blackmoon" group... Which is why I added the new Dwarf game to that game group. I wonder if someone removed Bronwynn from the group.

My preference would be to keep all the Alaric Blackmoon World games grouped together, so I'll slot in Bronwynn in the appropriate place.

(I may stick the two "World of..." games at the end for now, as Larry did retrospectively shuffle around the series order a little to insert the Fortress of Fear (once that game was completed).)

Denk

Re: games related to The Dwarf of Direwood Forest

#3 Post by Denk » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:38 pm

Strident wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:11 pm
(I may stick the two "World of..." games at the end for now, as Larry did retrospectively shuffle around the series order a little to insert the Fortress of Fear (once that game was completed).)
Sticking them at the end as you did, seems like a good solution. :thumb: