Under the Temple of Zeus

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

jgerrie

Under the Temple of Zeus

#1 Post by jgerrie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:19 am

Has anyone completed this adventure? A versions for the Apple exists. I believe it was published in Softline Nov Dec 1983. I think there is also a version for the Atari, published in Page 6 Magazine. Just wondering if there is a walkthrough out there somewhere, to help me with the debugging of the type-in/port that I am doing to the TRS-80 MC-10.

Jim G.

Alastair

Re: Under the Temple of Zeus

#2 Post by Alastair » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:55 am

Jim, I cannot find any game called "Under the Temple of Zeus" the closest I have found is Beneath the Temple of Zeus which may be the the Atari version published in Page 6 Magazine that you mention. Do you have a link to the Apple game?

jgerrie

#3 Post by jgerrie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:25 am

Yes, I meant "Beneath the Temple of Zeus."
All I have is a listing from the Softside magazine, which I am converting (slowly) to MC-10 BASIC:
http://www.cgwmuseum.org/galleries/issu ... ne_3.2.pdf
I suspect it is the same game for the Atari 8-bits, but I can't get an emulator running for those systems for love nor money.
Alastair wrote:Jim, I cannot find any game called "Under the Temple of Zeus" the closest I have found is Beneath the Temple of Zeus which may be the the Atari version published in Page 6 Magazine that you mention. Do you have a link to the Apple game?

Alastair

#4 Post by Alastair » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:47 am

jgerrie wrote:I suspect it is the same game for the Atari 8-bits, but I can't get an emulator running for those systems for love nor money.
It can be a bit of a pain to get Atari 8-bit programs running because some programs need BASIC enabled and others do not. The disk image I found requires BASIC to be enabled.

Keetie

#5 Post by Keetie » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Alastair wrote:
jgerrie wrote:I suspect it is the same game for the Atari 8-bits, but I can't get an emulator running for those systems for love nor money.
It can be a bit of a pain to get Atari 8-bit programs running because some programs need BASIC enabled and others do not. The disk image I found requires BASIC to be enabled.
Right.

You may try AtariWinPlus.
First untick Disable Basic in Atari - Options. Then autoboot image.
Start is F2
Choose 3

jgerrie

#6 Post by jgerrie » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:31 pm

Thanks.
Keetie wrote:
Alastair wrote:
Right.

You may try AtariWinPlus.
First untick Disable Basic in Atari - Options. Then autoboot image.
Start is F2
Choose 3

jgerrie

#7 Post by jgerrie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:53 am

Okay I have ported, debugged and solved "Beneath the Temple of Zeus." Here's a Map and solution:
Attachments
BeneathTheTempleofZeusSolutionMap.png
BeneathTheTempleofZeusSolutionMap.png (64.81 KiB) Viewed 1598 times