Fire Hawk Castle c64

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Alex

Fire Hawk Castle c64

#1 Post by Alex » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 pm

I've been playing this game for a while now, but it seems I'm hopelessly stuck. The game is rather buggy and has a very limited vocabulary. It seems I visited all locations. I’ve uploaded a map with the locations of all the objects I’ve located. I only managed to get 51% but it seems there are only a few puzzles left to solve.

I would like to know the answer to the following questions:
-Whats the use of the safe? I can open it but what should be done with it?
-What’s the use of the switch on the castle wall?
-How to kill the dragon?
-How to get the silver vase without being killed?
-What's the use of becoming stronger?

Anyone would like to give it a try?

Alex

Re: Fire Hawk Castle c64

#2 Post by Alex » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:33 pm

Alex wrote:-How to kill the dragon?
-What's the use of becoming stronger?
I've just found the answer to these two questions
I now have 62%

Alex

#3 Post by Alex » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 am

Alex wrote:-What’s the use of the switch on the castle wall?
Just discovered how to use it without being killed, but for some reason I can't get the object I found.

Alex

#4 Post by Alex » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:31 am

Alex wrote:for some reason I can't get the object I found.
It appears an object I had in my possesion was preventing me from taking the object. I now have 64%

This leaves me with the questions what's the use of the the safe and how to get the silver vase without falling into the lava pit?

One more question: What else can be done? It seems that apart from the above two questions there are no puzzles left to solve?

Alastair

#5 Post by Alastair » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:41 am

Alex wrote:-Whats the use of the safe? I can open it but what should be done with it?
I haven't played the game, but if there is nothing in the safe then perhaps you have to put something (or yourself) in there instead.

Alex

#6 Post by Alex » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am

Alastair wrote:
Alex wrote:-Whats the use of the safe? I can open it but what should be done with it?
I haven't played the game, but if there is nothing in the safe then perhaps you have to put something (or yourself) in there instead.
Maybe, I'll try it tomorrow. There are still some objects I haven't found. What makes it difficult is that the game doesn't recognise the verbs search or examine. There is some other place where you have to collect the treasures, but you only get points for collecting some of the treasures you can find. I'm not sure yet if you've to collect the other treasures as wel and how to end the game.

Thanks, for the input.