leotrope

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

terri

leotrope

#1 Post by terri » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:28 am

A spectrum game. Futuristic.

I've just started and I'm stuck. I am able to retrieve one object before I get called to the airport, after which I find the manual. However, there is a locked drawer in the balloon which I need a card to open. I don't like getting to the end of a game, and find I have to replay things from the beginning. So, anything I can do in the kitchen (it's called a food preparation laboratory)?

I also don't know how to get out of the pod.

I says it's written with PAW, but I'm not sure.

Alex

Re: leotrope

#2 Post by Alex » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:51 pm

I gave it a quick look. How did you find the manual and how did you know there was a drawer?

The drawer can be opened with the key you can find below the seat. I didn't find anything in the kitchen either nor was I able to leave the pod. Before you enter the pod though I guess you have to buy a skin from one of the two shops you find accross the bridge before you leave with the pod. I have a score of 20.

Alex

#3 Post by Alex » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Alex wrote:How did you find the manual and how did you know there was a drawer
I just found the drawer when I realized that EXAMINE , SEARCH and LOOK give different responses in this game. Didn't find the manual until now though.

Alex

#4 Post by Alex » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 pm

I'm a bit further although I still don't know how to move the pod nor did I find the manual. I'm trying to use the ladder to climb into the hole of the ceiling in the study but can't find the right command.

This game uses complex commands to investigate a room. For instance it did take some time before I realized how to find the ladder or how to obtain the yellow ticket.

terri

#5 Post by terri » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:06 am

nor did I find the manual.
EXAMINE , SEARCH and LOOK give different responses
Alex - take your own advice and combine the two, i.e. search/look /examine where you are, i.e. the pod, the balloon, the drawer.
I'm trying to use the ladder to climb into the hole of the ceiling in the study but can't find the right command.
So, you got back into your house? Or did you do this before you left? Can you type something in to get back to your house?

Which seat are you talking about? The chair? or in the balloon? And what verb did you use? feel doesn't work. I didn't need the card to open the drawer. LOOKing got me something.

Alex

#6 Post by Alex » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:32 am

terri wrote:take your own advice and combine the two, i.e. search/look /examine where you are, i.e. the pod, the balloon, the drawer.
I will keep trying but I guess I need some more help here. As far as I know I tried all the possibilities in these these locations but did not find a manual.

terri wrote:Which seat are you talking about? The chair? or in the balloon? And what verb did you use? feel doesn't work. I didn't need the card to open the drawer. LOOKing got me something.
I tried and indeed obtained the same object. It seems like a bug because when you're inside the balloon and type LOOK UNDER SEAT you find a key. With it you can UNLOCK and OPEN the drawer to obtain the same object.
terri wrote:So, you got back into your house? Or did you do this before you left? Can you type something in to get back to your house?
No you can't. The ladder is hidden inside the sleeping room. In this room one object is on top of something and the other is under something.

Alex

#7 Post by Alex » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:13 am

I just found the manual. I did search the pod before, but it appears you can only find the manual after the pod has been launched. Unfortunately I don't know how to use the commands from the manual. It seems to me you have to use the command MATTER first and then SUN to travel towards the earth, but typing them doesn't give any response. I also tried SAY MATTER but the same result.

I still can't find a way to climb the ladder. Hopefully you've more luck trying.

Alex

#8 Post by Alex » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Alex wrote:I still can't find a way to climb the ladder.

I finally succeeded in climbing up the ladder. I solved some more puzzlles and now have 70 points. I'm inside the pod ready to take off, but .....I still don't know how to do it.

terri

#9 Post by terri » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:52 am

Yes, I finally found the ladder with your hint. I had not tried 3-word commands. I found gloves there, and the box. Is that where you found the ticket you spoke about?

How does one open the box?

Anything to do with the floorboards? Other than fall through them at one location?

Alex

#10 Post by Alex » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:16 am

terri wrote:I had not tried 3-word commands. I found gloves there, and the box. Is that where you found the ticket you spoke about?
No, the ticket is outside your house. You can locate it with the membrane (without the membrane you don't get the message) and then you have to use another 3-word command.
terri wrote:How does one open the box?
You need the needle and the kitchen to find a way to open the box. The floorboards are just scenery indicating that it isn't very safe to walk on them as you've already noticed by falling through them :).

terri

#11 Post by terri » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:42 am

OK I've made some progress.

I see something yellow in the grass. But how to get it?

Further along I see two shops (where I can't buy anything with one yona), and later on a man looking for something.

I have no idea what to do in those places. Have you had any success?

Alex

#12 Post by Alex » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:39 am

terri wrote:I see something yellow in the grass. But how to get it?
This is one of the problems which took me some time before I solved it as well. The birds are just scenery. SEARCH GRASS will give you a hint on how to do it. You have to type SEARCH GRASS THOROUGHLY.

I know the answer to your other questions as well, but now you've found the yellow ticket I think you'll find the solution (if not I'm always willing to give a hint)

After you've bought the things from the shop it's time to enter the pod, but alas I'm still stuck there. This is one of those games where solving the puzzles isn't too hard but finding the specific commands is the biggest challenge especially when, like me, English isn't your native language. Unfortunately I was unable to retrieve a list of verbs from the game.

I spend yesterday whole day trying to move the pod but none of the commands I tried help. The manual found inside the pod doesn’t give much of a help either. I don’t know in combination with which other verb you’ve to use the commands MATTER or SUN. I guess I’ve done everything there has to been done on this planet. I checked inside the game to see if I missed any object but I’ve found them all. There are two more objects inside the game but these are to be found on other planets which you encounter during your journey towards the Earth.

terri

#13 Post by terri » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:52 am

Thanks, Alex. I understand that you are going to be away, so I will try not post stuff until you get back. Aren't I kind???

T.

terri

#14 Post by terri » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:01 pm

OK I've traded and now have a green ticket. I go through the green door and come across the translating fafool.

I don't know what to do here.

I also don't know how to increase my money to buy skins.

Anything to do at the fungus wall?

So it looks like I need help.

Alex

#15 Post by Alex » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:06 am

terri wrote:I also don't know how to increase my money to buy skins. I go through the green door and come across the translating fafool.I don't know what to do here.
These two questions are connected. Give the piece to the fafool.
terri wrote:Anything to do at the fungus wall?
I didn't do anything at the wall. I guess not.