Lost Temple of the Incas - Simon/Andy Wood version

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

terri

Lost Temple of the Incas - Simon/Andy Wood version

#1 Post by terri » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:34 pm

I have played this game, but am unable to finish it. I think there may be a bug it in.

Anyone willing to determine if it is true?

I can send a partial solution if you wish.

dave

Re: Lost Temple of the Incas - Simon/Andy Wood version

#2 Post by dave » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:14 pm

I'll have a look and see whether I can get further...

terri

#3 Post by terri » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:59 pm

Thanks, Dave.

This is rather a good game. Further information is found back in the forum archives of 2007 when Doreen and I were playing it. It's under the title Rick Laws: Temple of the Incas.

BTW - Jacob, you have an old solution sent by me of Laurence Creighton's game. Unfortunately I just called it The Temple, whereas the game's full title is actually (also) Lost Temple of the Incas.

Alex

#4 Post by Alex » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:21 pm

I've been playing this game and solved it. However in the original version, as Terri mentioned above, there is a bug which prevents you from ending the game (when you go east in location 67 you enter location 58 but this should be location 68). I tried to make a fixed version using InPAW. I've edited the error, but when I want to compile the file I get an error. Anyone any experience using InPAW?

Alex

#5 Post by Alex » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:16 pm

I managed to extract the snapshot (SNA file to a PAW file) with InPAW, I edited the PAW file with a text editor, I compiled the edited PAW file to a TAP file with InPAW, but unfortunately the TAP file won't load in my emulator or I'm doing something wrong.

Alex

#6 Post by Alex » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:50 pm

I just learned I had to load this TAP file in PAW. Finally I managed to save it to an empty virtual tape. I'll test my walkthrough on this fixed version and will upload them both afterwards.

Alex

#7 Post by Alex » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Using the fixed version I was able to solve the game. I've uploaded the walkthrough and the fixed version.