Hezarin

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Marco

Hezarin

#1 Post by Marco » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:42 am

If anybody has checked on the IF Archive lately, Richard Bos recently submitted a walkthrough to Topologika's Hezarin. This is an extremely large game, comparable to Acheton, and every bit as difficult and unforgiving (I've never gotten very far).

http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/pho ... ezarin.txt

Richard also submitted a similar walkthrough to Acheton to the IF Archive a couple of months ago. He was good enough to let me know about a couple of mistakes on my maps, which I've since corrected, but haven't yet gotten around to resubmitting here and over there.

Now that I have a solution in hand that will save me a bunch of time, I'd like to make a similar set of maps for Hezarin, but it's still going to take quite a while. Too many half-finished projects on my plate... :roll:

Marco.
www.aboutfilm.com

Canalboy

Re: Hezarin

#2 Post by Canalboy » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:16 pm

The MS-DOS version of Hezarin (the mainframe version was lost) seems surprisingly buggy. I have emailed a number of these to Adam Atkinson who was surprised too. Several errors caused the game to terminate back to the command prompt.

This is via DosBox-X.

Canalboy

#3 Post by Canalboy » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:51 pm

I put my completed map of Hezarin up on CASA recently. I am proud to say that I only used the first level of hints four times. There are I think 233 of the blighters. I made it 402 locations in size which would make it 1 room smaller than Acheton. It only took me 25 years on and off. Now that is what I call an epic journey.

Strident

#4 Post by Strident » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:12 pm

Congratulations! :) Now to find some new challenges!

Canalboy

#5 Post by Canalboy » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:31 pm

I am deep into Acheton; another game I abandoned years ago but decided to determinedly essay a completion of this time. I am slowly getting there with seventy odd saved game states. When they are this big choreographing the manifold regions of the game in the correct sequence is at least as difficult as actually solving the individual puzzles. And the parsimonious lamp timer adds to the difficulty. Once only regions to visit? Check. Inventory limit? Check. Several ingenious mazes? Check. Sudden death? Check. Manifold soft locks? Check. Invisible objects? Check. Compulsively entertaining? Double check.