Ship Wrecked

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

auraes

Ship Wrecked

#1 Post by auraes » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:58 pm

Ship Wrecked by Gavin Ellicott & Scott Julian 1986.
A very short The Quill game with many bugs fun to fix. The author probably didn't finish his project because there are unused items and messages. The game in its current form is achievable.

Strident

Re: Ship Wrecked

#2 Post by Strident » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:02 pm

The author, Scott, is a regular on the 8-bit adventure FB group and is active on Twitter. He's been a great help with tracking down details of Australian C64 releases, due to his publishing/distribution work.

I must update the links on the site to his blog, which seems to have moved to...
https://scottjulian.alphaworks.com.au/

auraes

Re: Ship Wrecked

#3 Post by auraes » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:33 am

Yeah, another person who looks very interesting. After Ship Wrecked I'll take a look at Sunken Treasure which is also very small.
For the get/drop/wear and remove actions, it precedes the action with a test which has the effect of displaying, in case of impossibility of the action, the message "I can't." instead of the dedicated messages: "It's not here.", "I don't have it." etc. I guess it's a game design choice.

Code: Select all

GET  AXE
Conditions:
  PRESENT  21 
Actions:
 GET      21 
 OK    
It also misses a lot of DONE (which is not a bug, but unwise).

Code: Select all

HELP *
 Conditions:
Actions:
MESSAGE   3