C64 - Adventure 1 The Mutant Spiders

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

kenworland

C64 - Adventure 1 The Mutant Spiders

#1 Post by kenworland » Mon May 22, 2023 12:13 am

Hi all.

First post on this forum. Thankyou for having me.

So, I have this little commodore64 text adventure which is literally called "Adventure 1 ** The Mutant Spiders **

I have mapped out as much as I can solving a few puzzles along the way. However, I have gotten stuck in a few places.

1) There is a deep stream crossing in the north of the map. I cannot cross it without making my matches wet and extinguishing my lamp which means that I am without light in dark places. Going south a couple of room leads me to a Green Valley where a disembodied voice tells me that a "Branch" would be useful (for no apparent reason). I am surmising that the wide, flat branch that I have found in the south of the map is the branch in question and that I probably have to place it across the deep stream to cross it and stay dry. However, no matter how I try and can't get that to happen, and I don't otherwise know what the branch is for, what the voice means, or how to cross that stream without "splooshing" (from the game).

Has anyone ever heard of this game, from Zyntax Software (sometime in the 1980s) and maybe have some advice here?

Thanks,
Ken from Melbourne, Australia.

Alastair

Re: C64 - Adventure 1 The Mutant Spiders

#2 Post by Alastair » Mon May 22, 2023 10:22 pm

Hello, and welcome to CASA.

I haven't played this game but is this - https://solutionarchive.com/game/id%2C3 ... C+The.html - it?

If it is so, then to avoid you having to read the solution and inadvertently see spoilers I will tell you that you need to build a raft - you will have to discover how.

kenworland

#3 Post by kenworland » Tue May 23, 2023 12:29 am

Thanks for the welcome Alistair.

Yes, that is the game, and I didn't know there was a whole solution on this site for it. I did know how to build the raft already, but I required something to use as a paddle. Found the clue I needed in the solution provided, but didn't read any further. So thanks for the link.

Are there any C64 adventure games that need help solving? I would be happy to help.

Cheers,
Ken.

Garry

#4 Post by Garry » Tue May 23, 2023 1:22 am

kenworland wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:29 am
Are there any C64 adventure games that need help solving? I would be happy to help.
You can do an advanced search from the web site. Select C64/128 for the platform, select the Only games without solutions check box and click Search. This reveals 737 unsolved games. If you select English only, there's still 295 unsolved games. That should keep you busy for a while.

Strident

#5 Post by Strident » Tue May 23, 2023 8:30 pm

I guess The Mutant Spiders, The Ship, and The Fourth Sarcophagus could technically be grouped together as they are a numbered series.

Handic Software look like an interesting outfit. An early Swedish software company for the Vic and C64.

A publication of theirs mentioning the games https://archive.org/details/VIC-rapport1983-03/page/n41