When can I expect my submissions to be approved?

Information from and to the site administrators.

Moderator: Alastair

Denk

When can I expect my submissions to be approved?

#1 Post by Denk » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi, I am new around here. I like the site.

I made my first submissions (a review, a solution, added a new game and changed "platforms" for a game) on the 26th of November, and as I have seen games being updated both on the 30th of November and 5th and 6th December, I was just wondering when I can expect those submissions to be approved?

I fully understand if the admins have been busy, but since there have been game updates in the meantime, I was just wondering.

Strident

Re: When can I expect my submissions to be approved?

#2 Post by Strident » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:34 pm

It very much depends what the submissions are, how much work is involved adding them, and which admins have time available to process updates... Not everyone works on the same aspects of the site; and some more complicated submissions, especially those requiring additional research, often require a little more work.

I'll just have a nose and see what is in the queue from you. I'm pretty sure I've processed some minor edits based on your feedback... You did, for example submit "Behind Closed Doors 0.5"... but that was already in the database as "The Hut".

Strident

#3 Post by Strident » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:50 pm

I've processed your two other edits/additions. It's only your review that an admin needs to approve/add now.

You'll see the site get updated multiple times every single day. A lot of us are adding our our research, or updating elements of listings like screenshots and plot/notes. We're not necessarily the admins that look after the user submission queue.

Alastair

#4 Post by Alastair » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Hello, and welcome.

As Strident mentions, some submissions are easier to approve or add than others. Generally speaking, reviews and submissions for new games take the longest time to be added; whilst simpler fare such as solutions in text file format, or screenshots of the correct size and colour depth (there's a sticky thread on the subject) take the least time.

Strident

#5 Post by Strident » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:13 pm

Denk is a very experienced text adventure author, as well as a valued contributor to many other IF sites out there. :)
http://solutionarchive.com/list/author%2C1945/

Denk

#6 Post by Denk » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:50 am

Thank you for your quick replies - I will be patient. And let me know if I am queueing too much ;)

Garry

#7 Post by Garry » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:36 am

There's no such thing as queuing too much. It's more important that we get the information. I've had times when I've had up to 100 things queued. I've currently got a few things queued that have been there for months. Everyone that works on CASA are volunteers and they do a great job. Rest assured, it will all get attended to eventually.

Denk

#8 Post by Denk » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:26 pm

Garry wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:36 am
There's no such thing as queuing too much. It's more important that we get the information. I've had times when I've had up to 100 things queued. I've currently got a few things queued that have been there for months. Everyone that works on CASA are volunteers and they do a great job. Rest assured, it will all get attended to eventually.
OK, good to know :)