Solution problem - The Twelve Days of Christmas

Information from and to the site administrators.

Moderator: Alastair

equinox

Solution problem - The Twelve Days of Christmas

#1 Post by equinox » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:20 am

Hi. In "The Twelve Days of Christmas" solution (Spectrum), the very last couple of commands do not work.
It says: PRESS 8, ENTER ARCH

PRESS 8 should take us through the arch with the milkmaids, but this is not possible while carrying anything else, and we still have the bucket.
However, DROP BUCKET upsets the milkmaids and they leave (making the game unwinnable, I think).
ENTER ARCH simply doesn't work at all (you can't go that way).

RZX recording here: https://cl4.org/__STUCK_FINALISED_12Day ... _Part2.rzx

Strident

Re: Solution problem - The Twelve Days of Christmas

#2 Post by Strident » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:07 pm

I'll investigate this a bit further. I can't immediately see why it's not triggering... it's not because of the object issue because the bucket and the milkmaids (and indeed the goat) are actually a single object in the code.

My initial thoughts are the version of the game you have is bugged... there seems to be a missing entry from the previous PRESS 7... it's not correctly setting the flag that tells the game which task you're on. Hmm... just found the entry in the PUT DUCKlings section, so technically that shouldn't be the issue.

Strident

#3 Post by Strident » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:50 pm

Oh, I see what you've done... You've missed a chunk out of the solution. You didn't do the seven swans a swimmin'. :) :)

equinox

#4 Post by equinox » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:13 pm

Sorted, thanks. I managed to miss it while scrolling because two adjacent paragraphs in the solution began with the same inputs.