last prisoner game without a solution

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

terri

last prisoner game without a solution

#1 Post by terri » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:21 am

Nice to see that all these games have been sorted out. Thanks folks.

I saw that there was one (Francis Shailes' version) that does not have a solution.

I tried to play this a little while back, but got stuck. As one needs to find items to eat and drink, time management becomes essential.

I haven't been playing too much recently, but I would like some help, if someone is up to it. I am still having trouble playing on other platforms/emulators, hence my interest has waned somewhat.

I still check the forum on occasion, so don't feel I have dropped off the face of the earth.

PS - Avatar #2, eh Jacob? Nice.

Gunness
Site Admin

Re: last prisoner game without a solution

#2 Post by Gunness » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:10 am

Good to se that you're still around! If you have problems with specific platforms, drop me an email and I'll try my best to help you.
terri wrote:PS - Avatar #2, eh Jacob? Nice.
I thought that I'd swap one old geezer for another ;) (and since my all-time favourite movie is coming out on Blu-ray soon, El Aurens seemed like a nice choice)

terri

#3 Post by terri » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:06 am

While that is a nice photo of a man in a burnoose, surely that is not Peter O'Toole? Or was an update made?

Gunness
Site Admin

#4 Post by Gunness » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:57 am

It certainly is:
"If he'd been any prettier, it would have been Florence of Arabia"

terri

#5 Post by terri » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:36 am

I stand corrected. My memory dims. Though I recall enjoying the movie. And that IS Omar Sharif in the background? All I remember is the sand and the desert...

Gunness
Site Admin

#6 Post by Gunness » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:32 am

It's a certified masterpiece, and yes, that's ol' Bridge Champ in the background.

Ironically (given the title of the thread), the image is from the famous attack on Aqaba scene, which Lawrence starts with his "No prisoners!" cry :)

So.... what's your status on the last Prisoner game?

terri

#7 Post by terri » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:08 am

Status?

OK - a short synopsis: this is quite convoluted, as I have several junction points with different scenarios. Got the knife, eventually eat the banana, get the torch, get the pie, sleep, get to the jetty, take and wear the lifebelt, get the flask (? - can't read my own handwriting), examine the board, drink the soup, get the key, unlock the door, get the record and play it, get the suit and the biscuits, sleep in the crate somewhere.

You can't just sleep anywhere. This game appears to depend very much on the "correct" way of doing things, with "dead-ends" occurring when there is nothing to eat and no where to sleep. There are lots of ways to get to a point, but I haven't found the "right" way.

Alex

#8 Post by Alex » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:02 pm

I've started playing this one. A few things I noted:

-After 15 turns the door from your room becomes unlocked and you can leave your room. Opening your window and getting through makes it possible to leave your room earlier.
-Day and night both are 30 turns
-Every morning after 10 turns you get hungry. If you don’t eat or drink anything you die from starvation after 19 turns.
-Every night you get sleepy. If you don’t sleep within 9 turns you die from exhaustion.
-Every morning the tide rolls in (in a certain location this will kill you)
-Every night the tide rolls out

If you eat objects when you are not hungry you lose points. If you eat the soup you won't get a point but if you drink it you get 1 point. The result is however the same.

Alex

#9 Post by Alex » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:23 am

Encountered some mistakes in my map :oops: . I will update it soon.

Alex

#10 Post by Alex » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

I've solved the game. I've uploaded an updated version of the map and a walkthrough.