Just popped in to say hi...

General chit-chat, ramblings, odds and ends.

Moderator: Alastair

karvic

Just popped in to say hi...

#1 Post by karvic » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:37 pm

Just dropped in to register and say hi, to kickstart Jacob's new forum. Long may it continue....

Karen
:D
I can't have lost the plot - I never had it to start with

Gunness
Site Admin

Re: Just popped in to say hi...

#2 Post by Gunness » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:05 pm

karvic wrote:Just dropped in to register and say hi, to kickstart Jacob's new forum. Long may it continue....

Karen
:D
Well, I sure hope so! Welcome to the new surroundings - hope you'll enjoy them :D

- Jacob

QN

#3 Post by QN » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:46 pm

And here I thought I'd be the first one registered....maybe I would have been, if I didn't screw up.

At any rate, this will make things easier. Now, if only there were a game to solve....

Gunness
Site Admin

#4 Post by Gunness » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:11 pm

Well, feel free to suggest one - there's a whole forum for just that purpose!

terri

a learning experience

#5 Post by terri » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:40 am

OK - for someone who doesn't like change, this will be interesting. Seems complicated, but I just have to get used to it. This should/could be easier to follow once I figure out what I'm doing.

Congrats, Jacob.

Amby

#6 Post by Amby » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:53 am

Well done Jacob.

sky-non

I'm b-a-c-k-kkkkk!

#7 Post by sky-non » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:11 pm

Hello ALL! Anyone miss me? Life seems to have interuppted me playing in the forums (and games!). Hopefully I will be able to participate again now.

So... are we playing any interesting games? (hopefully ones that don't need an emulator?) :wink: I have to go back now and figure out what games I was playing before and working on maps for. I have totally forgotten.

By the way, speaking of maps, do you guys realize that Visio you all like so much is over $100 dollars US???? And speaking of the U.S., when I registered to this new board I had no idea which time zone to pick??

Also... nice board, Jacob. I am like Terri... I will have to get used to it, but it looks nice. Are all the solutions, etc staying back at the old address?

Amby

#8 Post by Amby » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:23 am

Sky-non, re: Visio - it an be had for well under $100 US on EBAY if you've got the time to spend bidding on the occasional overlooked listing.

As for games currently being played, it looks like most are playing Swordstorm (from the most wanted list) which requires a C64 emulator. I'm about to start playing that one myself.

QN

Re: I'm b-a-c-k-kkkkk!

#9 Post by QN » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:25 am

sky-non wrote:By the way, speaking of maps, do you guys realize that Visio you all like so much is over $100 dollars US????
One of the advantages of still be one of the employeed masses. Work happily supplies it for me....

sky-non

#10 Post by sky-non » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:08 pm

QN, guess that is another disadvantage to being unemployed. :wink:

Amby, I will check and see if I ever downloaded a C64 emulator. I never had any luck with the BBC {or whatever that was} emulators. If I get the emulator and it works I will check out Swordstorm too.

I may get slowed up a little cause we may be upgrading my computer so I can play the new adventure games I got for Christmas. Unfortunately the programming has moved way, way, WAY beyond my CPU, video and audio! But if I don't have any major problems I will check out the emulator.