Usurper: Mines of Qyntarr

Games written in Inform, Glulx, TADS, CAT, HUGO and similar. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Gunness
Site Admin

Usurper: Mines of Qyntarr

#1 Post by Gunness » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:50 am

In order to light the lighter, you must
LIGHT LIGHTER WITH HAND [three times, no less]

I admit, stupid command, but there it is :wink:

Amby

#2 Post by Amby » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:18 pm

Thanks! I doubt I would have thought of that one. Any advice on dealing with the anthill?

So this is considered a modern game then?

Amby

#3 Post by Amby » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:11 am

Rats! I can't seem to figure out what to do at the anthill, the fountain (I've already thrown my coin into it), or the chessboard (where I've tried "approaching" the queen)...

ASchultz

I got it, I hope.

#4 Post by ASchultz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:42 pm

If you're still around.

Basically, the solution I bet you have is for the Apple. The PC has things in different places I think.

I had to look into the .MOQ files and do some guess work. You had to say something, but what? Something that would render the queen and rook irrelevant...it's not as silly as "LIGHT LIGHTER WITH HAND"*3 but it is close.

The ruby is not at the anthill but behind the queen. At the queen, you

SAY CHECKMATE

then the ruby is S S S (S?) SE NE.

As for the penny, you need to hold off on flipping it into the fountain until you've gotten a lot of treasures, i.e. score at least >400. Then you will get an important item.

I sent my walkthrough into GameFAQs and hope to send it in to casa soon, but I forget if I need to pare it down to have just the moves.

Also, I saw a message on another board about a croquet mallet. I doubt there IS one in the game.

billy7720

Re: I got it, I hope.

#5 Post by billy7720 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:11 pm

ASchultz wrote:If you're still around.

Basically, the solution I bet you have is for the Apple. The PC has things in different places I think.

I had to look into the .MOQ files and do some guess work. You had to say something, but what? Something that would render the queen and rook irrelevant...it's not as silly as "LIGHT LIGHTER WITH HAND"*3 but it is close.

The ruby is not at the anthill but behind the queen. At the queen, you

SAY CHECKMATE

then the ruby is S S S (S?) SE NE.

As for the penny, you need to hold off on flipping it into the fountain until you've gotten a lot of treasures, i.e. score at least >400. Then you will get an important item.

I sent my walkthrough into GameFAQs and hope to send it in to casa soon, but I forget if I need to pare it down to have just the moves.

Also, I saw a message on another board about a croquet mallet. I doubt there IS one in the game.

There is a mallet in the game but I have not played this game since 1989. Been so long and Mines is a great game.