Playtesters Required

Games written in Inform, Glulx, TADS, CAT, HUGO and similar. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

lazzah

Playtesters Required

#1 Post by lazzah » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi all,

My name is Larry Horsfield, some of you may remember me from the 1990's, I programmed several games for the Spectrum using P.A.W., among them "Starship Quest" and "The Axe of Kolt".

The last game I started for the Speccie was "Fortress of Fear", of which I only finished part 1 (of 3). The only public airing for this single part was at one of the Adventurers Conventions, when it was used as the "Megapoints" game. I have since "Unpawed" the database and have (sporadically) continued to work on, and expand, the adventure using ACE. The game is now 2/3 finished. I also ported over to ACE the only one-part game I wrote for the Spectrum, "The Lost Children". However, as it stands it is the same as the Spectrum version without any expansion.

What I am appealing for are some volunteers to playtest these adventures. I also intend converting my other games, including the 4-part "Axe of Kolt", over to the PC using ACE in due course.

Anyone interested should send me a private message.

Thanks for reading this.

Larry

Gunness
Site Admin

Re: Playtesters Required

#2 Post by Gunness » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi Larry, welcome to the forum :)
I'm sure that a number of our forum members will be quite familiar with your work. I've tested a number of games over the years and usually enjoy the process, but I'm a bit short on time at the moment. But I'll keep your post in mind if some more time should unexpectedly turn up.

All the best,
Jacob

Gunness
Site Admin

#3 Post by Gunness » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:21 am

Larry, just curious - where is ACE available from these days? Karen Tyers linked to a site called adventurecreation.co.uk back in 2005. Then the site moved to aceadventuregames.com, but this also appears to be defunct. I tried googling ACE but all the links point back to the latter site.

catventure

#4 Post by catventure » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi Jacob,

I also had trouble reaching those sites...

However, I did find a site where you can download both DOSAce and the improved WINAce:
http://www.nostalgia8.org/verzameling.htm

but I have no idea if that is the latest version of WINAce or not...

Perhaps, Larry can confirm that or point to a newer source or site address?

Best wishes,
catventure.
TAB is an offline, downloadable, parser-based retro text adventure/interactive creator for Windows XP and above.
It is similar to popular 80's adventure creators like QUILL, PAW, STAC or GAC.
http://tab.thinbasic.com/