PunyJam #1 games are ready for playing and judging

Games written in Inform, Glulx, TADS, CAT, HUGO and similar. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Garry

PunyJam #1 games are ready for playing and judging

#1 Post by Garry » Wed May 05, 2021 4:15 am

For those of you that don't follow all the IF social media, you may be unaware that there is a (relatively) new library for Inform 6 called PunyInform that makes it easier for an author to write an Infocom style game using the Inform 6 programming language and publish that game for 8-bit and 16-bit platforms, as well as any z-code interpreter. There are z-code interpreters for just about every system on the planet.

In order to promote and encourage further PunyInform games, Fredrik Ramsberg has organised the first PunyInform game jam called PunyJam #1. Under the rules of the jam, the description of the first room was provided as follows:

"You're in the rather dirty broom closet of The Red Anchor. Various cleaning appliances line the walls. There's a pile of fabric in a corner.

A note has been fixed to the wall with a knife.

The pub lies beyond the closed door to the east."

The description of the first room could not be changed. The rest was open slather. Authors had just three weeks to design, code and test a game. The submissions are now in and can be downloaded from the submissions page on the jam web site. There are only 9 submissions, so if you like a good text adventure, please play and rate all the games. Judging is open until 17 May 2021.

Mr Creosote

Re: PunyJam #1 games are ready for playing and judging

#2 Post by Mr Creosote » Sun May 23, 2021 7:43 am

Congratulations, Garry! :D

Garry

#3 Post by Garry » Mon May 24, 2021 2:39 am

Aw, shucks. You noticed. There were 9 entries. I've submitted maps and solutions for all of them, except 'The Job'. I've actually done a map and solution for that one too, but Fredrik has done a new release, so I'll check that before submitting.

Mr Creosote

#4 Post by Mr Creosote » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:00 am

A friend of mine (not a text adventure expert) has played Captain Cutter's Treasure and posted about it here: https://www.goodolddays.net/game/id%2C1 ... asure.html