any Robots of Dawn (C-64) experts?

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

stonic

any Robots of Dawn (C-64) experts?

#1 Post by stonic » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:21 am

Does anyone know the exact responses you have to give the chairman in order to solve the game? I found a solution online (at the Classic Adventures Solution Archive site) but it doesn't list this info. Who do you have to prove guilty? One person? 2? 3?

Does asking certain questions (to certain people) trigger the appearance of needed objects (rod, sheet, report)? Because they can't always be found...

Can the blaster be used on anything?

The guide rod seems to be an important object, but if you use it and later give it to the Chairman (as the solution describes), it doesn't appear to prove anything to him (at least he doesn't say it does...). In one game, when I gave him the sheet (which is an important piece of info), he stated that it proved one character had opportunity....and then he immediately ended the game! And there seems to be a number of objects that have either no use (can the blaster be used on anything?? Is the viewer needed?), or no importance to solving the game (if you get the safe open in Fastolfe's - a somewhat complicated process that requires getting 2 other objects first - the solution says the item inside is of no value to the case!).

So after several games, I have a somewhat fixed version of the solution. I'm still working on figuring out which answers (from which people) get a positive response from the Chairman, but here's what I have:

E, E, N, N, SE, GET FILTER, N, S, E, S, GET GLOVES, N, W, S, W, W, W, W, N, W, GET DEVICE, E, TOUCH STRIP, E, W, ENTER AIRFOIL, VASILIA, N, N, USE DEVICE, (ask about Gladia, means and motive of others), S, ENTER AIRFOIL, FASTOLFE, E, E, W, N, GIVE DEVICE TO DANEEL, S, E, W, ENTER AIRFOIL,

GREMIONIS, N, N, (ask about Amadiro, esp. opportunity; others), W, S, E, GET ROD (IF IT'S THERE, PROVES GREM'S MEANS ALONG WITH "AMADIRO DID GREMIONIS HAVE THE MEANS), WAIT (or any 2 directions) -> thrown out

enter airfoil, wait, e, wait, enter car
OR
WAIT, ENTER AIRFOIL, E, wait, wait

ENTER CAR, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, E , WAIT, WAIT, ENTER CAR, WAIT, E, GET CAR (* bug), S,E,E,E,S, GET SHEET (IF IT'S THERE, IT PROVES VASILIA'S OPPORTUNITY), N, E, E, E, S, E, USE ROD (NOW YOU KNOW WHERE IT LEADS IF YOU HAVE IT), E (GET REPORT IF IT'S THERE, HELPS PROVE AMADIRO'S MOTIVE OF ALL THINGS), W, W, N, W, W, W, W, S, (ask about Grem, esp means; others AND "TELL ME ABOUT FASTOLFE"), N, ENTER AIRFOIL, FASTOLFE, E, E, W, S, E, E, N, E, E, E, W, (USE GLADIA'S LINE, IF SHE'S GUILTY ASK HER IF SHE HAD THE MEANS), NE, E, E, N, U, W, get form, E, D, S (go find Gladia), SHOW GLADIA FORM (THEN YOU CAN SHOW IT TO THE CHAIRMAN FOR HER AND GREM'S OPPORTUNITY)

---- NOW YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED - YOU CAN USE THE LIGHTSPHERE NOW TO GO BACK TO THE INSTITUTE (VIA ENTER CAR IF YOU HAVE IT - keep waiting until you arrive at institute. If not you probably won't have enough time to get an airfoil at Fastolfe's to go back), GO E, S, E, D, E, USE LIGHTSPHERE, TOUCH STRIP (before going E) TO GET SUMMARY, GO S TO GET THE TORCH (to open safe - BURN SAFE, WITH TORCH) AND GET AN INTERESTING RED BOOKFILM, BUT IT'S NOT NEEDED TO PROVE ANYONE GUILTY. Get back to Fastolfe the same way as before (using the Helical - touch rail), but you'll have to find your way out from there. Find the tingle field and run into it - this will put you back at Fastolfe)

DANEEL IS NEVER GUILTY, BUT YOU CAN PROVE HIS GUILT IN ANY ENDING. ALSO - USE THE HYPERWAVE SCREEN, WAIT IN BETWEEN SHOWS AND A NEWSCAST WILL COME UP TELLING YOU HOW YOU'RE DOING –

START = 1 THING PROVEN
SUBSTANTIAL = 2
SOLID = 3

Screen info is not always accurate, since it doesn't consider having objects important.

Also, the Epyx catalogs showed a picture of the game with graphics (see below), but so far the only graphics I've seen is the title screen. Does the catalog picture appear when you've solved the game?

stonic

Re: any Robots of Dawn (C-64) experts?

#2 Post by stonic » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:39 pm

5 year bump. Still haven't solved this one :(

Gunness
Site Admin

Re: any Robots of Dawn (C-64) experts?

#3 Post by Gunness » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Can't have a guy wait around for 5½ years with no response. I'll look into it! :)