castle of hornadette

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

terri

castle of hornadette

#1 Post by terri » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:30 pm

This has been on my "end-it-finally" list for ages. It is an MS-DOS shareware game, written by Stephen J. Konig. It saves as a TADS file, but I'm not sure you really need a TADS interpreter to run it.

SAVE/LOAD features are available in the game.

It is available from

//baf.wurb.com/if/game/424

I'm quite a ways in it. At the present time I am facing a cyclops.

Help would be nice to have.

Guido

#2 Post by Guido » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:45 pm

Hi, I have a problem with this game so I cannot progress any further:
It seems that I have only 1 match in the box of matches and the torch is blown out after several moves! Do I have to find another lightsource?

Bye

terri

#3 Post by terri » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:26 am

It's been so long that I don't know if I can help with the torch. My scribbled notes say that I strike the match west of where I find the bible. I will try to re-write my notes and organize things somewhat.

terri

#4 Post by terri » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:47 am

I'm not sure why you only have one match. I was able to light the torch at least twice.

Try OPEN MATCHES, STRIKE MATCH, LIGHT TORCH as see if that gets you further.

I have reorganized my notes. There appear to be lots of places and people that I don't know wht to do with. I am still at the cyclops. From our experiences with Odyssey, one should be able to poke him in the eye, but I have no tool with which to do that since I used the dagger.

Guido

#5 Post by Guido » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:46 pm

Ok,the problem was incompatibility with the Dos-box emulator I used. I had a similar problem before with an AGT-adventure. With the XP Dos-prompt I seem to have more matches to use.

btw:I´m in the maze at this moment and look how far I can do it.

Damned,starting a fresh game the same problem occurs. Have to think about it :evil:

Yuyutsu

Re: castle of hornadette

#6 Post by Yuyutsu » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Actually the problem with the matches is not the DOS emulator, but the fact that the game was saved before lighting a match for the first time.