aftermath (rich masek) atari game

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

terri

aftermath (rich masek) atari game

#1 Post by terri » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 am

I have made some progress in this game. However, I am stuck in and around the junk piles trying to elude Kreb. I push the junk pile (that blocks a north route - going west from south of the dump - and going south from west of the dump), but that only slows him down a little. I tried dropping or throwing the stone, amulet, etc., but that doesn't seem to work. I get as far as 1/2 way up the hill before I get killed by him. I also can't get the trunk of the car open.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Alex

Re: aftermath (rich masek) atari game

#2 Post by Alex » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:03 pm

I got a bit further down the hill, but I still have to find more ways in slowing down Kreb. The first time is as you described pushing the junk. There are two routes from the south of the dump to the north of the dump. You can either take the west or east route and in the middle of them you are able to push junk. When you reach the car when you hear footsteps ENTER CAR. Now wait until you see Kreb and throw stone. You''ll knock him out and are able to walk down the hill and enter the town or go to the bomb shelter. Unfortunately after a while Kreb returns and unfortunately my break at my work ended :) . I'll try again tonight.

Alex

#3 Post by Alex » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:19 pm

I forgot, to open the trunk examine the car once more to find a button. Push the button to open the trunk. You can enter it.

Alex

#4 Post by Alex » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:50 pm

To get rid of Kreb after you've thrown the stone: Get Kreb, open the trunk by pushing the button , enter trunk, drop kreb, climb trunk, close trunk. Kreb now is locked inside the car.

Alex

#5 Post by Alex » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:26 am

I'm allmost at the end. I have to find some way to use the keyboard in the control room. I did connect the cable but it appears I have to do something more. But it's a bit late now. I'll try again tomorrow.

Alex

#6 Post by Alex » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:29 am

Just solved the game.

terri

#7 Post by terri » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:40 am

Great. I'll keep plodding (but only for a little while...)

terri

#8 Post by terri » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:46 am

OK - later is here. I've explored further, and tied the rope to the banister and found a drain. Exploring in another direction, I found a dead bird, and a wrench.

Hoping I could break a window in the bomb shelter with the wrench or anything else I had, but that didn't work.

So, I need a (small) hint(s):

1 Can one go into the derickson research center? And if yes, then how?

2. How to get past/through the drain?

3. Do I need to get into the bomb shelter, before I do the other two actions (above)?

Thanks, ahead of time.

Alex

#9 Post by Alex » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:44 am

In this game you have to examine things more than once to find more objects.
terri wrote:1 Can one go into the derickson research center? And if yes, then how?
Yes but not from the location where you found the sign. See 2
terri wrote:2. How to get past/through the drain?
You’ve to make an opening with an object. The drain is just a red herring to indicate there is something below.
terri wrote:3. Do I need to get into the bomb shelter, before I do the other two actions (above)?
No, but there are some objects inside you’ll need soon. You’ll need to do something with an object you find inside a shop to obtain another object which makes it possible to be able to break the window.

terri

#10 Post by terri » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:29 am

You’ve to make an opening with an object.
And how do I do that? I have with me the amulet, the torch, the glass fragments, a mirror, a wrench, and a sledge hammer. I left the bird behind. And the lab book.

Alex

#11 Post by Alex » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am

terri wrote:
You’ve to make an opening with an object.
And how do I do that? I have with me the amulet, the torch, the glass fragments, a mirror, a wrench, and a sledge hammer. I left the bird behind. And the lab book.
BREAK FLOOR (with sledge hammer)

Once inside none of these objects is needed. You could use the mirror but it's not necessary. You do need some other things which you can obtain from the bomb shelter. You don't have to take the glass fragments, but you have to do something with them when they are on the ground to find another valuable object.

terri

#12 Post by terri » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:47 pm

OK - I broke the floor, but there does not seem to be anything in the sewer pipe. Or am I missing something there?

What do I do with the glass fragments? And where do I do it?

Still have not managed to get into the bomb shelter.

Alex

#13 Post by Alex » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:57 pm

terri wrote:OK - I broke the floor, but there does not seem to be anything in the sewer pipe. Or am I missing something there?
There is one location within this maze with a grate. Open it and go through it to enter the final section of the game.
terri wrote:What do I do with the glass fragments? And where do I do it?

Still have not managed to get into the bomb shelter.
You can do it in all locations, just make sure they are on the ground. BREAK FRAGMENTS with the sledge hammer to obtain an object which can help you to make the window of the bomb shelter more fragile.

terri

#14 Post by terri » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:16 am

make the window of the bomb shelter more fragile
OK. I broke the fragments. But I still don't know how to break the window. Or to make it more fragile.

I found the grate and all these other locations and objects. And have no idea what to do here.

Do I need to break the window first?

Alex

#15 Post by Alex » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:52 am

To be able to break the window you first have to make it more fragile by making a scratch on it using the object you obtained breaking the fragments.

You have to use the computer in the control room to open one out of three cylinders to solve the game. Each cylinder gives another ending to the game, but one is the best. Before you can do this you've to suply some form of power to the generator. You won't be able to do this by yourself, but you'll have to use some mechanism to be able to lift some heavy objects.