Ebony Tower - BBC

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

terri

Re: Ebony Tower - BBC

#16 Post by terri » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:51 pm

I did figure out how to get out of the exitless room.

Thanks for the second hint.

I'll write again. Soon, I bet.

terri

#17 Post by terri » Sun May 01, 2011 1:07 am

I have finished.

Interesting game. Lots of mazes to map. Some illogical puzzles. Who would have thought to wave a wand in a garden? But interesting, nevertheless.

jojoflump

#18 Post by jojoflump » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:39 pm

:? Hi I have followed the solution to Ebony tower as far as i can, but i cant seem to climb the stairs. I say climb stairs, it say OK, and i'm still in the same place in the courtyard. Is this a mistake in the downloaded game? Or am i missing something? Thanks

Juan

#19 Post by Juan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:59 am

jojoflump wrote::? Hi I have followed the solution to Ebony tower as far as i can, but i cant seem to climb the stairs. I say climb stairs, it say OK, and i'm still in the same place in the courtyard. Is this a mistake in the downloaded game? Or am i missing something? Thanks
Are you following the walkthrough word for word from the start? If you are, I might have to re-test it. Maybe some error crept in while writing it.

terri

#20 Post by terri » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 pm

I can't find Juan's solution to the BBC game Ebony Tower. Is it somewhere?

Never mind. I found it and am trying out the solution. Although the game is titles "ebony Tower" the solution is Escape from Ebony Tower.

A small error: After lighting the torch the first time, you need to go east before you can get the seed.

I am as far as getting the flute. I think I needed to insert another "EAST" before turning the light on. I am in the house, but cannot seem to get the book.

Since I can't locate my notes, I'll need some help here.

Juan

#21 Post by Juan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:06 am

terri wrote:A small error: After lighting the torch the first time, you need to go east before you can get the seed.
Yes, that is missing. Will correct it.
I am as far as getting the flute.

I think I needed to insert another "EAST" before turning the light on.

I am in the house, but cannot seem to get the book.

Since I can't locate my notes, I'll need some help here.
Another mistake has crept in here. The book is in the caves, not the house. Somehow I confused the directions for getting there and placed the ones that end up in the house. So this is the correction:

Get flute, E, S, E, E, E, W, W, S, S (now you are in the caves and can continue with the walkthrough as written)
Last edited by Juan on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Juan

#22 Post by Juan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:11 am

jojoflump wrote::? Hi I have followed the solution to Ebony tower as far as i can, but i cant seem to climb the stairs. I say climb stairs, it say OK, and i'm still in the same place in the courtyard. Is this a mistake in the downloaded game? Or am i missing something? Thanks
It must be. I just went through that part of the walkthrough and it works just fine. By climbing the stairs and turning on the light you end up in the guardroom. From there you go to the trapdoor etc. (as in the walkthrough.) You probably need to get a good copy of the game.

If you find any more problems/mistakes in the walkthrough, let me know.

terri

#23 Post by terri » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:34 am

Thanks, Juan

rsa

#24 Post by rsa » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:44 pm

Somehow, when originally playing this game I missed the edge of the magrove swamp. Once you get there it opens up a lot more of the map.

rsa

#25 Post by rsa » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:46 pm

I thought I would lists the puzzles as they appear to me:

1. Get Lamp
2. ...

Strident

#26 Post by Strident » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:14 pm

Since the original posts, a solution to this game has been added...
http://solutionarchive.com/game/id%2C20 ... Tower.html

rsa

#27 Post by rsa » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:26 pm

I was trying to complete without solution.

Does the second puzzle having something to do with the bird seed, the eagles, and the snake? I would have to go to the wooded glade to find the eagles but not sure if I have interpreted correctly.

rsa

#28 Post by rsa » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:15 pm

It would be worth making a hint sheet which i will try and do. I googled to see if the original game had any hints with it but couldn't see anything.
For example, to get to the Silver Flute and pair of Giant Eagles from the mountain foothills you should travel N, N. S, W, N, E
To get back to the foothills from here then simply go W, S

I have a map of the maze so it would be worth me adding that to the solution.