Inner Demons

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

terri

Inner Demons

#1 Post by terri » Sun May 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi folks,

Now that some of us have finished Dark Obsession, I decided to try another of Michael Xerbo's games. I see there is a solution to Severed Heads, so I thought I'd try Inner Demons. It's also an amiga games, available at WoS under games/amiga.

Also, grisly, and graphic so be forewarned. Plissken, you up to this?

I have managed to get the lightbulb for the lamp, but I don't know what good that does me. Managed to poison the meat, but don't know where to use the mousetrap. (Nice puzzle how to get that).There are creatures beyond the kitchen, so something needs sto be done there. You also see a creature in your front yard, but what to do in that area? Ditto in the nursery though you need an item there. Maybe I should go back later?

A few bugs - you pick the rag, but it is not listed in your inventory. Though I think you can still use it.

Michael plans to re-write and re-bug all his games, but this will likely take some time.

Plissken

Re: Inner Demons

#2 Post by Plissken » Wed May 05, 2010 8:32 pm

I haven't managed to poison the meat or set the trap, but i've managed to get drunk (and hallucinating) by using the corscrew in the basement (you can find it in the kitchen) and to open the box in the basement (maybe by a bug) using the rope and causing some trouble, spawning new demons and killing some.

Also i've got the rag but i don't understand how to clean the window in the attic.

terri

#3 Post by terri » Wed May 05, 2010 11:09 pm

Yes, I did the scorkscrew bit too. It brought on a hallucination, but it brought me back to the basement. I didn't kill any demons there. Hint: the empty bottle is needed. Another hint: where the shelves are.

I also got the rag, and like, you cannot clean the windows. The bug here is that it is not listed in your inventory. Maybe you need to get it wet somewhere. I tried in various places but nothing worked. Maybe you'll be more successful.

Going out onto the porch, you meet a creature. Don't know what to do there either, since he disappears. Maybe one needs to meet it before you go into the nursery?

The meat is in the refrigerator, and to poison it you need to have opened the box.

Another puzzle, is not being able to go west from the closed door beyond the stairs.

I'm glad you are playing. No fun being stuck alone.

Plissken

#4 Post by Plissken » Mon May 10, 2010 8:43 am

You can use the lamp's bulb to replace the burnt bulb in the bedroom by moving the bed and climbing it but i have absolutely no clue about the usefulness or the purpouse of this action.

terri

#5 Post by terri » Tue May 11, 2010 2:09 am

Well, that makes two of us.

Any idea what to do with the baited mousetrap?

Plissken

#6 Post by Plissken » Thu May 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Any progress on this? I am pretty busy now but i'm planning to dedicate more time to this one in the next days :D

terri

#7 Post by terri » Fri May 21, 2010 12:02 am

I am no further ahead. I wrote to Mark, who said he'd look at the code and get back to me in a few days. He said the mousetrap puzzle was finicky. I'll let you know when I hear from him.

Nameless

#8 Post by Nameless » Fri May 21, 2010 6:54 pm

If anyone is stuck with the game, feel free to PM me.

I'm also partially finished updating the game, which should get around some of the finicky parser/minor bug problems. I've been sidetracked with other things, but I really should finish it up.

It has nifty popup AGA graphics too, which I realize isn't that big a deal for a text game, but I think they look sort of neat.

terri

#9 Post by terri » Tue May 25, 2010 2:49 am

Sorry, I made a mistake where this game is found. Try if.archive site. Then go to Amiga games. Three of Michael's games are in the Macabre disk.
.adf files

terri

#10 Post by terri » Wed May 26, 2010 2:25 am

OK - I'm finished.

So now you can write to the forum, or to Michael directly.

A hint after you replace the light bulb. Examine things in the room again.

Another hint: the poison is needed more than once.

Plissken

#11 Post by Plissken » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:23 pm

I'd like to ask two clues before asking for a direct help in proceeding in this game.

1)Have i used the "use rope" command in the basement too early because of a bug? After killing the demon inside the box you can't access the nursery any more.

2)How to access to the part of the house that scares you thus making it inaccessible?

terri

#12 Post by terri » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:06 am

Plissken wrote:I'd like to ask two clues before asking for a direct help in proceeding in this game.

1)Have i used the "use rope" command in the basement too early because of a bug? After killing the demon inside the box you can't access the nursery any more.

2)How to access to the part of the house that scares you thus making it inaccessible?
1. By "rope" do you mean the "cord"? You don't use it in the basement. But once you've been in the nursery and used the cord there, you don't need to go there again. It may make more sense, logically, to go into the basement first.

2. You'll be able to get there eventually, but other things need to be done first.

Hope this helps.

Plissken

#13 Post by Plissken » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:20 pm

Hello, i am back from a loong vacation from the forum. Is it possible to request a solution for this game? :(
(PS I'll upload some content on the site about italian adventure games soon)

terri

#14 Post by terri » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:24 am

Jacob has posted the solution and hints (wrong date - my fault). Cllick on Games - wait until the drop-down menu disappears, then go to "I" and click on Inner Demons.