Passengers On The Wind - Stuck at The Port

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

blurgle

Passengers On The Wind - Stuck at The Port

#1 Post by blurgle » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:28 pm

Hi. I'm sitting here with Passengers on the Wind running on an Apple IIGS (all versions feature the same solution(s)) and the walkthrough obtained from this very fine site. I'm stuck on the 3rd level, the Port.

The game is pretty subtle about where you go wrong. 80% of the time you just have to click the character faces (and the occasional object or person elsewhere onscreen) in the correct order, and the game just doesn't progress til you do so. But every now and then there's a point where if you click the wrong person next, or fail to click on the current person a second time time, it starts a chain of events which cause you to die in the near future.

Because of this fineness of what kills you and what doesn't, you can still get in a real mess even with the walkthrough, as it mostly just consists of chracter names telling you who to click next.

Anyway if I take the list of names literally on level 3 (the port), I always die after the 2nd click on Dewey (the bald chap), which invites an English guard onto the scene, who kills Hoel. I'm making many passes with tiny variations on how many times I click people, or sometimes I skip people etc. but on this level nothing ever seems to change and you just die every damn time.

Has anyone successfully passed the third level? Let alone finished the game? :P

Many thanks for input.