Battune - City - PC

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Amby

#16 Post by Amby » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Maybe this would be less of a problem if one made the "right" moves, but this is a stickler here.
I still cant find the sticky item I need. :oops:

terri

#17 Post by terri » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:09 pm

What about if the "sticky" items refer to the sticks you've found? I think there are three or four. You can combine one of them with another item you found, but I can't determine how to use it. A curved stick makes me think of a boomerang, but throwing in at any of the locations where you cannot reach an object, doesn't work.

Something needs to occur, before the other "pieces" fall into place.

Amby

#18 Post by Amby » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:15 am

I am such an idiot! I kept looking for something sticky. Doh!

I created a working torch by combining the long stick + rags + oil with the matches of course.

I also got the string tied to the curved stick - I keep thinking that the hook should go with as well, ala a fishing pole - but no luck with that.

I've got all my items neatly piled up at the entrance and am 'staring' at them waiting for inspiration to strike :?

Mark

#19 Post by Mark » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:34 am

no real idea about the adventure as a whole, just following the threads here and there...

curved stick plus string = bow maybe?

just an idea.

terri

#20 Post by terri » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:51 pm

Great idea. I'll give it a try. SHOOT (the verb) is allowed.

terri

#21 Post by terri » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:03 pm

I think that I've tried various combinations in the locations where there is something to pass, but no go. In one place I did get the message "you don't have an arrow", but not at the others.

This is a touch too much illogical slogging to me.

Amby

#22 Post by Amby » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:17 am

Hmm, what can we make an arrow out of...

terri

#23 Post by terri » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:05 am

Where are the rags and the oil?

Have you used the torch somewhere?

terri

#24 Post by terri » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:20 am

OK - I've done this all over from the beginning.

This time I found the matches and rag, but no short stick and no oil. However, I found a hammer before but not this time. So I can't make a torch.

So this tells me that some of the items that we have are in common need to be used, in one of the "stuck" locations.

Which I presume are the same - the rats, the frankenstein monster, the rusty crate, the wires, the dragon, the lava, the spider.

Seven such locations, right?

I know, I know, we are not further ahead.

Amby

#25 Post by Amby » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:49 am

I have: ledge w traps, crate w rusty luck, door in cave wall, sleeping dragon, hungry rats, pool of lava, frankensteins monster, spider and of course the cliff I think we need to climb down.

Objects found: matches, rag, string, long stick, curved stick, pool of oil (cant take, but can dip into), bag, pickaxe, iron hook, wood pole, cabbage, cheese and wires. No hammer.

Never have been able to put any of the 6 stones I found into the bag.

Need something to reach the traps on the ledge (which I am thinking MAYBE could then be baited with the cheese and use to get rid of the rats?) and the vines over the lava.

I wonder if the game author is still reachable at the address in the readme file....

terri

#26 Post by terri » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:49 pm

Regarding the stones. Carry the bag, use the hint I gave before (where are gems usually found - to use the correct tool), get the <stone> and put stone in bag. Ignore the gold stone.

terri

#27 Post by terri » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:50 am

A touch more progress. Use the ladder to get the traps. Then your idea at the rats worked. That got me oil. Now what?

Mark

#28 Post by Mark » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:30 am

did that curved stick with string actually do make a bow...? Just curious :-)

terri

#29 Post by terri » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:35 pm

You can tie the string to the curved stick. It appears to make a bow. But the game doesn't say - it just allows you to do it. However, I don't have a short stick (this time around), although I do have feathers. One could suppose that a wood pole could be used as a shaft, but not. Besides more like a pole vault, no? So a bow and arrow (even if you don't use those words just carry the objects) look feasible, do they not?

Anyway it's up to Amby now. Until I find a short stick. And/or until we figure out how and where to "use" the torch. I've tried to "burn" and "light" and "kill" in the other "stuck" locations, but no go.

We'll keep plugging away. It's a bit difficult since we don't have all the same objects. Even if this doesn't work, it's a nice deduction on your part. Thank you.

PS - you can join us if you wish. The first two parts are relatively easy. There is a fourth section after this.

Amby

#30 Post by Amby » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:28 am

I did manage to get past the door using the password where I found "a vague form of rope" but I haven't figured out what it is or how to get it yet...

Did I miss a ladder somewhere?

Made it past Frank's monster by waving the torch (well, of course the game doesn't recognize the word torch but you can wave long after tieing the rags to it, dipping them in oil, then burning the rags while holding the matches). This got me the hammer.