Battune - City - PC

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Alex

Re: Battune - City - PC

#61 Post by Alex » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:37 pm

I just managed to get the fish. Now I have to start over again and I hope I'll be able to climb the large tree.

Alex

#62 Post by Alex » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Alex wrote:I just managed to get the fish. Now I have to start over again and I hope I'll be able to climb the large tree.
I made a fire but I can't cook the fish yet. I just keep trying

terri

#63 Post by terri » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Ah - so maybe you can give me the specific phrase to get the coin. I keep getting the message "I can't do it - yet. All I have is the trampoline.

About the 24 locations - I meant without solving any puzzle to get past the obstacle.

OK - I'll try the short stick and the worm (without the hook). I thought the short stick was to cook the fish. But then I need a verb.

Alex

#64 Post by Alex » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:45 pm

terri wrote:Ah - so maybe you can give me the specific phrase to get the coin. I keep getting the message "I can't do it - yet. All I have is the trampoline.
At the location outside the bank: LOOK ROOF, PUT TRAMPOLINE, JUMP TRAMPOLINE, GET COIN
terri wrote:OK - I'll try the short stick and the worm (without the hook). I thought the short stick was to cook the fish. But then I need a verb.
I just found out you need the pole also in your inventory (the worm, the stick and the pole). PUT WORM ON STICK. After that you can catch the fish and you should cook it before you eat it. I managed to make a fire, but still have to find out how to cook it.

Alex

#65 Post by Alex » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:25 pm

terri wrote: I thought the short stick was to cook the fish
Yes, you also need the stick for that. I cooked the fish and ate it, but I still get the message I'm to hungry to get the net. I noticed you can get a fish more than once, but it's too late now. I'll try again tomorrow.

Alex

#66 Post by Alex » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 pm

I ate four fishes but still get the message "I'm to hungry to lift the rope" when I want to take the safety net.

terri

#67 Post by terri » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:56 am

I'm not further ahead either. No matter how quickly I work, I am starving (and dying) before I can get into enough locations. I need the canteen in order to douse the water by the fire, but I haven't found it yet.

I don't suppose that one can go past the troll again to eat the grapes that one gave to the wine maker. Though I haven't tried it.

So far I have got past the troll (got the grapes), got past the dog (got the air bag), filled the air bag at the gas station), got past the quicksand (got the lantern) which I filled with the kerosene. But can't get to the bear (already have the honey) before I die of starvation.

I am not sure if the sequence is the same each time the game is played.

On previous attempts I collected what I could and placed them in the wine maker's hut. But as soon as I solved one puzzle (other than getting the honey), getting a hidden object, the "starvation" routine begins, where the moves are limited.

Alex

#68 Post by Alex » Thu May 16, 2013 10:27 pm

I finally had some time to play again. You get hungry the moment you enter the location with the grapes. From there if you don't eat the fish within 75 turns you will die from starvation (the grapes won't help you from being hungry). 75 turns is very little time to solve all the puzzles you have to complete before you are able to eat the fish. Especially if you have been robbed a few times. Before you enter the location with the grapes you can walk around freely. This time you have to use to gather the objects which you can take and bring them to the locations where you will need them in order to prevent that you have to walk around a lot when you are hungry. I didn’t manage to find the right sequence yet, but I’ll try. Unfortunately the game is very buggy. Sometimes when I am robbed the game freezes or the stolen objects can't be found anywhere (normally you should be able to recover them in the robber's roost).

Alex

#69 Post by Alex » Fri May 17, 2013 7:53 am

I wrote down a complete walktrough, ignoring the dying of starvation, to see how many turns it takes to finish the game. The total walktrough takes 157 turns . From the moment I pass the troll until I’m able to eat the fish are 117 turns!!. Somehow I have to reduce this to 75 turns to be able to solve the game without dying of starvation.

Objects I did not use:
SHOES
PANTS
SHOTGUN
ARROWS
BARREL

Alex

#70 Post by Alex » Fri May 17, 2013 8:40 pm

I rearranged the order of the commands, but alas I still need 82 commands until I can eat the fish :( . The total walkthrough now takes 159 turns.

terri

#71 Post by terri » Sat May 18, 2013 5:27 am

You've put a lot of work into this, Alex. Thanks.

I think you may need the barrel to go over a waterfall. Maybe at the very end?

Sorry you have these "bugs". I didn't run across that problem.

Alex

#72 Post by Alex » Tue May 21, 2013 9:09 pm

I think I finally found a solution where the amount of turns taken from the moment I pass the troll untill I eat the fish are less than 75 :) . I will try it one of these days when I've some time (probably sunday). This one is really very hard to solve because of the time limit.

terri

#73 Post by terri » Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Good luck. Hang in there.

Alex

#74 Post by Alex » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:22 am

Sorry for the delay, but I lost my solution and today I finally recovered it. I've uploaded a map and some hints on how to solve the last part of this game. It was very difficult to reach the end because of the time limit and the random elements.