Atzeco Adventure

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Garry

Re: Atzeco Adventure

#16 Post by Garry » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:41 pm

I had to modify the game to increase the inventory limit to 2 and only allow the Aztec warrior to appear once. Then, and only then, I eventually managed to finish the game. It was quite a flat, disappointing ending.

There are at least 3 mazes. It's a bugger of a thing to map with lots of twisty-turny connections. Most objects are red herrings. You need to do things to reveal an exit in a different location, but it doesn't indicate that anything has happened. All in all, it's pretty awful.

I'm not sure what to do with the original game, as it can't be played at all. Some lines are too long (even after removing the spaces between keywords). If you add spaces in strings to prevent words splitting at the end of the line, then the lines become too long again and you have to split the line into two.

I'll finalise this tomorrow and upload bug-fixed versions, map and solution.

jgerrie

#17 Post by jgerrie » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:03 pm

I'd just upload your fixed version. The original sounds outrageous. I'm working on ASTRONAV (1985). Maybe it will turn out better.

If it would be helpful I have a "word wrap" utility I use for all my MC-10 games. Should work on a VZ with some mods:

0 CLEAR500:DIMCC,ZZ,M$,I$:GOTO50
1 ZZ=1:CC=32:FORCC=CCTOZZSTEP-1:I$=MID$(M$,CC,1):IFI$<"!"THEN3
2 CC=CC+(CC>255)*(CC-255):NEXT:M$="":RETURN
3 PRINTMID$(M$,ZZ,CC-ZZ):ZZ=CC+1:CC=ZZ+32:IFI$=""THENCC=.
4 GOTO2
50 M$="THIS IS A SENTENCE. THIS IS A SENTENCE."
51 M$=M$+"THIS IS A SENTENCE. THIS IS A SENTENCE."
52 M$=M$+" 12345678901234567890. END."
53 GOSUB1:INPUTM$:GOTO53

Garry

#18 Post by Garry » Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:25 am

I'm pleased to announce that the bug-fixed version of Atzeco Adventure has been posted to the VZ200/300 Facebook group and to CASA. I won't bore you with all the details, but I've played it through to the end on two different emulators and it appears to work fine. As well as fixing all the bugs I found, I also added manual word wrapping and corrected a lot of bad spelling.

I have also finished the bug-fixed English translation and posted this to the same places. If anyone finds any issues with the translation, let me know and I'll fix it.

And just to prove that it's winnable, I've posted maps and solutions for both versions. Notes on some of the issues are in the solution files. I have spent way too much time on this, so I'm glad that it's finished.

Jim, to get a plain text BASIC listing, use LLIST from your emulator and print to a file. If using VZEM, close the emulator after printing to flush the buffer. You don't need to do this if using JVZ200. The latter is hard to find, but it is much faster on file handling and has a very fast paste feature that I used to get the listings into the emulator. Enjoy. :wink:

jgerrie

#19 Post by jgerrie » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:21 am

Thanks Gary. I do have JVZ200. I've wanted an Italian originated game to add to my page of "type-in" ins for some time.

Jim
italy.png
italy.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 2322 times

jgerrie

#20 Post by jgerrie » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:39 am

I've got what I hope is a working translation to English from Italian of "Spaceship Farmer" (It's in the database).

SPACESHIP FARMER (C) 1983 MARIO PETTENGHI & MCOMPUTER

If anyone is interested in testing it out, to see if they can fashion a walkthrough (or find any bugs) it can be played here:
http://faculty.cbu.ca/jgerrie/MC10/JG_M ... tures.html
Select ASTRONAV from the Cassette menu, then type run in the main emulator screen.

jgerrie

#21 Post by jgerrie » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:39 pm

Oops. didn't upload the program file for AZTEC. It's up now.