Adventure Master

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Strident

Re: Adventure Master

#16 Post by Strident » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:44 am

Ah, it's currently down apparently.
https://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80620&

Garry

#17 Post by Garry » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:50 am

8bitfiles.net has been offline for over a month. If it's been offline for that long, it will probably be offline for ever, as no one monitors or updates those ftp sites. I've scoured the internet. Sundry doesn't have any of the files that gb64 links to. Neither does the Internet Archive. At least not that I can find, but finding anything there is like finding a needle in a haystack. As someone on the lemon64 forum said, "The end is nigh".

On better news, I've played and completed 'A Christmas Eve Nightmare' and 'The Wizard's Cottage'. Both had corrupted files, but I've reverse engineered the file format and fixed the corrupted files. I'll upload maps, solutions and fixed games shortly. I'm sure the whole world is desperately waiting for solutions to these games. :lol:

Strident

#18 Post by Strident » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:08 pm

I think Alex is the C64 expert, so he might have some ideas.

I've used 8bitfiles a lot, so I will miss that if it stays offline. I don't really trust some of the other "ROM" sites out there. I guess I could investigate the TOSEC downloads, but I don't really want a big C64 collection... it's only the odd adventure that I end up downloading to research.

Garry

#19 Post by Garry » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:37 am

Still no luck with the ftp://8bitfiles.net site (I've been trying twice a day), but I have found another Atari adventure written with Adventure Master. This one is called 'Star Trek Adventure'. How very original. It's obviously a Star Trek fan game and makes no attempt to hide that fact. It looks like quite a large game with 50 rooms, which is the Adventure Master limit. This game is not available on AtariMania, but is available in the Holmes collection on ftp://pigwa.net. There's no sign of an author, but the publisher is reported to be Hi Soft (with a space in the name). I'll submit the details shortly.