Western Adventure (Hungarian c64 game)

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Alex

Western Adventure (Hungarian c64 game)

#1 Post by Alex » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:22 pm

Today I decided to play Western Adventure. It looked interesting and had been on the list of games I wanted to play for a long time. The biggest problem was it is written in Hungarian and I don't speak a word of the language :), but I decided to give it a try anyway. I started with making an English map of all the 61 locations. It was not easy to get started because the only thing I could get from the code was a list of objects and the room descriptions. But I found another Hungarian game written by the same author which was written in BASIC and I copied the verb list from that game, translated the verbs and that made it possible to start playing the game :). I did manage to solve the first 20% but then I reached a point where I could not get any further. That didn’t stop me because I just skipped to the next room. I think I've managed to solve 70% of the game, but I have still several problems to solve and there are 4 objects I did not manage to find although I'm quite sure where I should find 2 of them, but first I have to solve another problem.

I know at least a few people on this forum speak Hungarian so if they want to give it a try that would be great. Below is a walkthrough until the point where I encountered the first problem. I am inside an Apache camp. There are arrows and a bow and I have to shoot at some straw puppets, but I tried everything but alas I didn't succeed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone does manage to get further, the next point where I'm stuck is inside the cave where you have to get rid of the native sorcerer.

Some basic instructions to play this game:

Special keys on the c64:
SHIFT+E =É
SHIFT+U =Ü
SHIFT+O =Ö
SHIFT+A =Á

Directions:
ÉS-north ÉK-northeast
KE-east DK-southeast
DÉ-south DNY-southwest
NY-west ÉNY-northwest

Walkthrough (warning spoiler):

NY, NY, NÉZ (you see a gun, blanket, black hat and pick), FOG PISZTOLY (you get the gun), FOG TAKARO (get blanket), FOG KALAP (get hat), FOG CSÁKÁNY(get pick), KE, ÁS (you dig with the pick. 5%), NÉZ (you have found some beads), FOG GYÖNGYÖT (get beads), KE, ÉK, ÉNY (a robber is hiding in the bushes, hurry because this is realtime), LÖ BILL (you shoot Bill with the gun. you will get a reward for this later in the game. 10%), ÉK, NÉZ (you see some sort of cape), FOG BÖRZEKE (get cape), DÉ, VISEL BÖRZEKE (wear cape), VISEL KALAP (wear hat), KE (because you wear the cape and the hat the indians don't kill you), ÉK, FOG KÖ (get stone), ÉS, AD GYÖNGYÖT (the chief gives you the knife in exchange for the beads), DÉ, DNY, DÉ, KE, HAJIT KÖ (you throw the rock. the native american goes to the other side to see what made the noise), SZABBADDÁ MARY (you free mary with the knife and she gives you a box of matches. 15%), NY, DNY, VISGÁL FAL (examining the wall you find a secret passage. 20%), DÉ, DNY, KE, DK, GYUJT (you make a fire using the matches), LENGET TAKARO (you wave the blanket to make smoke signals.You receive an answer how to go south), DÉ,

Alex

Re: Western Adventure (Hungarian c64 game)

#2 Post by Alex » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:36 am

Alex wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:22 pm
the next point where I'm stuck is inside the cave where you have to get rid of the native sorcerer.
just managed to kill the sorcerer :D

Alex

#3 Post by Alex » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 am

I still have the following problems to solve:

*** Apache camp ***

-When you enter the Apache camp you are given bow and arrows and you have to use them to shoot some straw puppets.

The game gives the following hint:
“NE FELEJTS EL CÉLOZNI, KAPASZKODNI ÉS FÉLREUGRANI”
Unfortunately I didn’t manage to translate that one very well and I don’t know what to do.

-What’s the use of the stick?

*** Celebrant city ***

-I don’t know what to do with the 100 dollars. You can play cards with them but you lose all your money.

-I need to buy a suit at the tailor, but I don’t know which command to use.

-What’s is the use of the heavy chest? I can’t manage to open it.

-How to get on the train to San Francisco?

-While on the train. How to get rid of the bandits following you? I guess you need to use the loaded rifle, but I did not manage to find the correct command. This puzzle like some others is real-time so you don’t have a lot of time to try things.

-I did not find the cartridges for the rifle nor the 5 dollar bill. Maybe they are inside the chest?

*** San Francisco ***

I managed to buy the Siemens-shares. After you have entered the “robbers house” and you return to the stock market there is a person who wants to buy the shares:
“egy ur lép hozzád, és megvételre ajánl siemens”

Problem: I don’t know how to do this.

It seems I have solved all the other problems. Help from a native Hungarian person would be nice to solve the above.

Alex

#4 Post by Alex » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:19 pm

Alex wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 am
-What’s the use of the stick?
I used it to get rid of the sorcerer.

Alex

#5 Post by Alex » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:20 pm

Alex wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 am
-While on the train. How to get rid of the bandits following you? I guess you need to use the loaded rifle, but I did not manage to find the correct command. This puzzle like some others is real-time so you don’t have a lot of time to try things.
Managed to get rid of the bandits, but for some reason I can't take the rope from the train. I now have 60% and could still use some help,