Rite of the Druid

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Garry

Rite of the Druid

#1 Post by Garry » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:58 pm

'Rite of the Druid' is one of the games submitted for The Next Adventure Jam. A few of us are playing the game and we all seem to be stuck at the same place. Can anyone help?

I have discovered 19 locations. I have some silver coins, a snake skin, a selection of shells and a small cauldron that I can fill with green acid or rainbow-coloured fluid. I can't work out how or where to use any of these items. I need a disc to insert in the mechanism near the volcano, a way to open the door at the base of the mountain and a key to enter the pyramid. I'm also sure that I need to do something with the well at the base of the mountain, the deep pit at the volcano and to get the scorpion in the desert. There's also a horned ram, an owl and a noble stag that may have some relevance at some point.

I'm pretty sure that I only need to overcome one of these obstacles to lead to the eventual solutions to the others, but which one comes first? Any takers?

Garry

Re: Rite of the Druid

#2 Post by Garry » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:47 am

I managed to finish this game with a little bit of prodding from the author. It required an unexpected multi-word input when the rest of the game only seems to require two-word input. I'll add an entry to the archive, together with screen grabs, map and solution when the game jam is finished.