Small CASA bug / Upload File when not logged in

Information from and to the site administrators.

Moderator: Alastair

impomatic

Small CASA bug / Upload File when not logged in

#1 Post by impomatic » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi,

I've just spotted a small bug.

When I'm not logged in and I select "upload file" on a game page it prompts me to log in. As soon as I log in it sends a blank submission.

Thanks,

John

Gunness
Site Admin

Re: Small CASA bug / Upload File when not logged in

#2 Post by Gunness » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:22 pm

Whoops! I'll look into it :thumb:

Mr Creosote

#3 Post by Mr Creosote » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:23 am

You mean you went to the upload page when you were still logged in, but the session timed out while selecting the file? Or does it actually send something without you ever having selected a file?

Mousey

#4 Post by Mousey » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:59 am

This happened to me yesterday (9th January 2019). I was logged in, went to the “Submit contents” page, put the information about a new game in there - which took a little while as I was checking stuff as I went - and then when I hit submit it told me only registered users could submit and I discovered I had been logged out.

On logging back in it shows that I submitted a blank entry on my submissions queue page.

Garry

#5 Post by Garry » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:34 pm

This used to sting me quite a bit in the early days. Click the browser's Back button and all your input is gone and you have to start all over again. I now do all my changes in a text editor before I even log on, then make the submission or changes as quickly as possible.

The problems are:
  • The timeout is far too restrictive.
  • If you are timed out, it should not submit a blank entry, but you should be given a chance to log on, then everything is submitted without having to enter it all over again.

Alastair

#6 Post by Alastair » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:13 am

Garry wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:34 pm
Click the browser's Back button and all your input is gone and you have to start all over again. I now do all my changes in a text editor before I even log on, then make the submission or changes as quickly as possible.
Sometimes, but not always and perhaps not even on this site, if you take your browser "offline" before clicking the back button the browser will retain your text input. This little trick may be useful on any occasion when you lose text but as this is not a failsafe method I have long since resorted to the methodology you state above and also do my editing in a text editor before copy-and-pasting to the site.