What happens to the image comments?

Information from and to the site administrators.

Moderator: Alastair

Alastair

What happens to the image comments?

#1 Post by Alastair » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:27 pm

When adding an image there is an option to fill in a comment field, but when the images are displayed these comments do not appear. What is the purpose of these comments, and where do they go?

Gunness
Site Admin

Re: What happens to the image comments?

#2 Post by Gunness » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:38 am

At the moment, for internal use only, if any of the admins feel a comment needs to be attached to the file. This can then be seen when editing that file.

AFAIK, there's no technical reason why this comment couldn't be seen by all users, but I wouldn't know where to place it, layout-wise, and I don't know if it would be needed.

Alastair

#3 Post by Alastair » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:28 pm

I get it now, these are comments to help the admins rather than comments to explain or highlight anything interesting about the images to anyone viewing the images.

So I'll have to find another means to explain why one of the images for Aquanaut 471 is black and white when the others are in colour. Would 'User Comments' or 'Synopsis' be better?

Gunness
Site Admin

#4 Post by Gunness » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:05 am

If it's a general reason (ie that the game came in two versions or something along those lines), the end of the synopsis seems like a good spot to place it)