Possible solution problem - 39 Steps

Information from and to the site administrators.

Moderator: Alastair

hackersanon

Possible solution problem - 39 Steps

#1 Post by hackersanon » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:47 am

RZX Adventurer feedback:

"LIGHT FUSE does not work because at this point you don't have the matches.

The problem is that the solution is written in English and not in proper adventure commands, so it's not always clear what to type to do what is described.

Example - attempting to HIDE MATCHES IN SOCKS did not work (it thought I wanted to hide a single match, and those were still contained inside the box) -- I then tried HIDE BOX OF MATCHES IN SOCKS which gave no response but *seemed* to be accepted. However it seems that it may not have done anything."

Strident

Re: Possible solution problem - 39 Steps

#2 Post by Strident » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:38 am

Seems more of an issue with the "lost soul" not liking solutions that don't give you all the specific inputs, rather than a bug in the solution.

To me, the solutions seems to suggest inputs like PUT MATCHES IN SOCKS... rather than HIDE MATCHES IN SOCKS... but I'll check through the database.

equinox

#3 Post by equinox » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:37 am

Yes, I tend to feel that a solution is supposed to make it clear how to solve the game (rather than vague hints).
The solution does say hide and that verb is accepted -- it just doesn't seem to do the intended thing.

equinox

#4 Post by equinox » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:30 pm

Got the whole solution working now.
Not BOX OF MATCHES, nor MATCHES, but the correct line is apparently the rather Seussian PUT BOX IN SOCKS.